Calendar Items not showing in Outlook, but do in OWA

Old July 29th 08, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian G

Default Calendar Items not showing in Outlook, but do in OWA

I actually wanted to post this in the partner newsgroups, but it looks like
the site is down, I get an error saying "Sorry, the page you are looking for
is not on Microsoft.com" or something to the affect.

I have a user that has a few calendar items that aren't showing up in his
Outlook calendar, but they are when he accesses it via OWA or even his
iPhone. I thought it might be something with his PC, so I applied all XP &
Office 2003 updates, but still nothing. To eliminate his PC, I logged on to
his mailbox from another PC, and the same thing happens. I've tried both
Cached (the default) and non-cached. He's running Windows XP & Office 2003,
the Exchange server is 2003 with the latest updates.
Old July 29th 08, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It's the iPhone. They should be in By category view or Outlook today but
not in Day/Week/Month.
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/iphonesync.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

&

Old August 1st 08, 03:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian G

Thanks...but I think this just relates to local PC synching (via iTunes),
which he's not doing. He's using Exchange ActiveSync, which is OTA (Over the
Air).

Old August 2nd 08, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I think its something specific to the iPhone and syncing with Outlook. Most
users do sync locally so we know more about it. A new iTunes update
(released 7/31) fixes some issues but not all.

Old August 6th 08, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
liz gaggini[_2_]

I always see you putting these issues off to i phone but or giving fixes that
are relevent only to outlook 2003. i dont have an i phone problem and have
the same as many others who have written. That is that appointments listed
in the all appointment view on a 2007 outlook calender do not show up in the
day week month view. I want to convert the view type of the all
appointments to day week month but am not finding a way to do this. Or
perhaps that is not the way to go. I just need all of my appointments to
show up in day week month and not have to go to the all appointments list to
find them. Any help on this issue will be appreciated?

Old August 7th 08, 02:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Do you sync with any type of device?

Start by resetting the view.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm

Old August 7th 08, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
liz gaggini[_2_]

I used a lap link like drive transfer to my new laptop at the same time that
I went from outlook 03 to outlook 07. It seems that is when things went
haywire. Is there any way to change the view type on the all appointments
list to day week month? Or any other way to get this data to show on day
week month?

Old August 20th 08, 01:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
curlz

quick and dirty workaround (doesn't fix the problem though):
Set a filter in your day/week/month view to show all appointments "on or
after" 01/08/2008 (do so for some months going forward). At least my OL2007
shows the entries again. Which makes me wonder: How can it be an iTunes issue
if the entries ARE in outlook, but just not shown in the day/week/month
view????

Old August 20th 08, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It only happens after syncing - apparently a property is getting screwed
during the sync and outlook doesn't know how to display it. If itunes is
munging the property, its an itunes problem. The problems first surfaced
with the release of itunes 7.7, making itunes highly suspect.

In recent days I've seen reports that there are other handheld devices with
similar problems. I don't know if the cause is the same - if so, then it's
(at least partially) an 'outlook problem'.

They are aware of it and once they determine why its happening, will work to
address the problem, whether it is something in outlook or advising Apple as
they did with a previous itunes problem. I have no idea how long it will be
before a hotfix is released.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

It's the iPhone. They should be in By category view or Outlook
today
but
not in Day/Week/Month.
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/iphonesync.asp