Inviting myself to public events

Old March 8th 06, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

Default Inviting myself to public events

I don't think there's a way to do this currently, but maybe someone can
correct me. I've created events in a public calendar that everyone in
my group has read access to. I have enough optional that sending
invitations for every one is out of the question. Instead, I'd like to
send out a summary email to my group with a list of all events and a
way to add individual ones to their own calendars.

Currently, I do this by attatching or linking iCalendar files for each
event, but this doesn't allow any kind of invite acceptance tracking.
Is there a way for people in my group to add themselves to invite lists
of individual events that doesn't involve having them open up the
public calendar entry and type in their own name? VBA maybe?

Old March 8th 06, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The only way to get attendee tracking is to send a meeting request from a mailbox calendar folder, not a public folder. VBA is not a platform for building enterprise solutions. Maybe a quick and dirty solution in your case would be to allow editor permissions and have people type their names in the body of events that they want to attend.

Or maybe you need a different kind of scheduling application that handles voluntary signups. Outlook+Exchange is more geared toward meeting requests.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP