Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   Delegate cannot cancel a meeting which they created (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/75585-delegate-cannot-cancel-meeting-they.html)

NJ_Mike July 22nd 08 03:17 PM

Delegate cannot cancel a meeting which they created

I am not sure if this is a fluke, but I have received a report from a user
that they cannot cancel a meeting which they created.

The situation is that the user has delegated access to their manager's
calendar. They created a meeting in that manager's calendar on his behalf,
and invited a distribution list. The manager is also a member of that
distribution list, so he received and accepted the invite. Now the delegate
wants to cancel the meeting, but does see the option to Cancel under the
Actions menu.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? It is almost as once the manager
accepted the invite his role changed from organizer to attendee and
subsequently his delegate was also an attendee.

NJ_Mike[_2_] July 23rd 08 11:25 PM

Delegate cannot cancel a meeting which they created

Thank you for the response Nikki. The user already sent out an e-mail to all
recipients advising that the meeting was cancelled. However since this is
not the first time it has happenned to her, I will forward your advice for
the next time. :-)

Thanx again.

"Nikki Peterson" wrote:

Just a guess here but, I would bet money that the Delegate really used
her own calendar to book the appointment. If she opens the meeting
on her own calendar, does she get the option to cancel the meeting?

To find who the TRUE organizer is of the appointment use the following:

Change the Calendar View to "By Category"
Add the field called "Organizer" to the view
You can do this in the Customize Views

or

Change the Calendar View to "By Category"
Right-Click the Header field (Where is has Subject, Location, Start, End,
etc.)
Select "Field Chooser"
Find "Organizer" field by selecting ALL APPOINTMENT fields,
then scroll down
Drag and drop the Organizer field onto the header bar where you
want to see it.

Now find the appointment and see who the true Organizer is.

Nikki Peterson

Danielle Nelson January 16th 09 10:24 PM

"Nikki Peterson" wrote:

Now find the appointment and see who the true Organizer is.

I am a delegate, and a rising percentage of meetings I schedule for one of
our execs have this exact problem. It does not occur on all meetings, but I
can't pinpoint any particular circumstance that creates either outcome. As
you suggested, I took a look at the Organizer field in Category view, and it
is blank for all of the affected meetings. Do you happen to have an idea of
what could cause this to occur?

We're both running Outlook 2003 on Exchange. His email and calendar items
are redirected to his Blackberry (we don't have a BES).

WendyS March 10th 10 06:55 PM

Delegate cannot cancel a meeting which they created

I am having similar issues...me and my Exec recently upgraded to Outlook
2007. Now, I can't delete appointments I created on his calendar...instead,
I get this error message:

"Some items cannot be deleted. They were either already moved or deleted or
access was denied. This error may be the result of trying to delete more
than 4,000 messages at one time. Outlook can delete no more than 4,000
messages when it is working with a server message store.
To avoid this error, delete fewer than 4,000 messages in a single operation.
It is also possible that you do not have the appropriate permissions to
delete messages. If you need to delete content from a folder owned by someone
else, contact the owner of the folder to obtain the necessary permissions, or
have the owner delete the content for you."

I am not trying to delete 4000 messages....just one appointment. I have
checked my delegate access and it appears to be set correctly (Editor for his
Calendar and Contacts). I can delete the appointments from his computer, but
not from mine. Our corporate support technician has not yet found a
solution. Any ideas??