Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   Reminders and appointments comes back (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/70898-reminders-appointments-comes-back.html)

rebmat April 24th 08 05:09 PM

Reminders and appointments comes back

Hi,
I had a hard drive crash and was very happy to have my outlook backed up on
my external drive. i uploaded from HDD to my new outlook. it was not perfect.
i am getting reminders for old appointments and events. i keep hitting
dismiss all but they come back. in looking at the appointments, they don´t
have my name associated with them. they say unknown and have lost some of the
details. (I used a program to analyze the text code) i don´t know if this
makes sense but i am wondering if this is something you might have a solution
to?
- Windows Vista, Outlook 2007 (before and now)

Brian Tillman April 25th 08 02:02 PM

rebmat wrote:

I had a hard drive crash and was very happy to have my outlook backed
up on my external drive. i uploaded from HDD to my new outlook. it
was not perfect. i am getting reminders for old appointments and
events. i keep hitting dismiss all but they come back. in looking at
the appointments, they don´t have my name associated with them. they
say unknown and have lost some of the details. (I used a program to
analyze the text code) i don´t know if this makes sense but i am
wondering if this is something you might have a solution to?
- Windows Vista, Outlook 2007 (before and now)

Please describe the exact process you used to restore your data and
reconnect Outlook to it. It appears you did not do it correctly.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

rebmat April 25th 08 04:55 PM

Reminders and appointments comes back

I used a back up software which created a new folder in my mailbox and added
a new calendar field which I ticked. and now the issue.

Thanks for your help

Diane Poremsky {MVP} April 26th 08 05:35 PM

Reminders and appointments comes back

which software did you use?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

rebmat April 30th 08 09:07 AM

Reminders and appointments comes back

Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista.

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

which software did you use?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Diane Poremsky {MVP} April 30th 08 01:33 PM

Reminders and appointments comes back

Which backup software?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]