Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   Permissions on Network Error when Sharing Calendar (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/69931-permissions-network-error-when-sharing.html)

MJS April 7th 08 09:25 PM

Permissions on Network Error when Sharing Calendar

We are running MS Exchange Server 2003 and have 3 clients using Outlook 2007.
Sharing between all 3 were successful (for each pairing) except for one
unable to share with another:

Client 1 can share with Client 2
Client 1 can share with Cliient 3
Client 2 can share with Client 1
Client 2 can share with Client 3
Client 3 care share with Client 1
Client 3 can NOT share with Client 2

The point is only one of these fails with the Mircosoft Office Outlook
message:

"Calendar sharing is not available with the following entries because of
permission settings on your network....Do you want to send them a copy of
this calendar in an e-mail message instead?"

The server administrator swears all permissions between the 3 are identical
including groups they belong to. I've checked permissions within Outlook and
confirmed they were set up correctly. I had someone else double check in
case I just missed something. All to no avail.

Can anyone shed light on what the possibilities are for why this error is
occurring, where to look???

Thanks.

Bob Randall April 7th 08 09:43 PM

Permissions on Network Error when Sharing Calendar

I have seen this before. If the user is in cached mode, either click Send and
Receive to get updated security information, or take them out of cached mode,
connect to the share, then put them back in cached mode.

Bob

MJS April 7th 08 09:49 PM

Permissions on Network Error when Sharing Calendar

We've done lots of Send/Receive since this problem first surfaced. But you
lost me on the cached mode. Can you give me step-by-step instructions on how
to do this?

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky {MVP} April 7th 08 09:53 PM

Permissions on Network Error when Sharing Calendar

open the profile and disable cached mode (its under more settings) - close
outlook, open it in 'classic' mode and test it - then set it back to cached
mode.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

Jamie[_3_] April 8th 08 03:29 PM

same permissions issue

I have the same problem, I disabled cache mode, opened outlook and still not able to share a specific users calendar. I get the same permission error. I'm not sure what you mean by open it in "classic" mode.

Gordon April 8th 08 04:39 PM

same permissions issue

"Jamie" wrote in message
. ..
I have the same problem,

As what?

Please QUOTE the post you are replying to, reply to the thread, and do not
change the subject line.
This is a global Usenet newsgroup, not a chat room or "forum".

Thank you.

Diane Poremsky {MVP} April 8th 08 05:06 PM

same permissions issue

classic mode is non-cached, just like in Outlook 2002 and older - the
default is outlook 2003 and 2007 is cached.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

. ..

MJS April 8th 08 08:34 PM

same permissions issue

FYI to all on this thread, changing the cache worked for me although I had to
play with it since I subsequently had connection/synch issues but it was
resolved for me. Thanks to Bob for pointing me in the right direction to
begin with.

MJS

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

classic mode is non-cached, just like in Outlook 2002 and older - the
default is outlook 2003 and 2007 is cached.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

. ..