How do I change a meeting organizer??

Old March 5th 08, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Tonya980

Default How do I change a meeting organizer??

I had an employee recently resign and she has meetings scheduled for a year
in advance with our Medical Staff. We need to be able to send out reminders
to the invited attendees without going in as her. Can I change the meeting
organizer? If so how do I do it?
Old March 5th 08, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Tonya980 wrote:

I had an employee recently resign and she has meetings scheduled for
a year in advance with our Medical Staff. We need to be able to send
out reminders to the invited attendees without going in as her. Can
I change the meeting organizer? If so how do I do it?

I believe that the organizer field is immutable. Delete the original and
have the new organizer create another.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 5th 08, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)[_81_]

No. You can delete the meetings and re-invite people or "go in as her".
Probably neater to delete, explain why, resend fom you.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

www.pragmatix.com.au

..

Old October 11th 09, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ram S

Default Add multiple individuals as meeting organizer

In this context, is there a way to add multiple individuals as meeting organizer, so one or the other would be able to make changes to the invite?

Tonya98 wrote:

How do I change a meeting organizer??
05-Mar-08

I had an employee recently resign and she has meetings scheduled for a year
in advance with our Medical Staff. We need to be able to send out reminders
to the invited attendees without going in as her. Can I change the meeting
organizer? If so how do I do it?

The .NET Framework FINAL: An Analysis
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ork-final.aspx
Old March 11th 10, 11:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ola akingbade

Default Changing meeting organizer in outlook

N/a

Tonya98 wrote:

How do I change a meeting organizer??
05-Mar-08

I had an employee recently resign and she has meetings scheduled for a year
in advance with our Medical Staff. We need to be able to send out reminders
to the invited attendees without going in as her. Can I change the meeting
organizer? If so how do I do it?

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 12:56 PM
Tonya98 wrote:

How do I change a meeting organizer??
I had an employee recently resign and she has meetings scheduled for a year
in advance with our Medical Staff. We need to be able to send out reminders
to the invited attendees without going in as her. Can I change the meeting
organizer? If so how do I do it?

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:29 PM
Brian Tillman wrote:

How do I change a meeting organizer??
I believe that the organizer field is immutable. Delete the original and
have the new organizer create another.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:32 PM
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\) wrote:

No. You can delete the meetings and re-invite people or "go in as her".
No. You can delete the meetings and re-invite people or "go in as her".
Probably neater to delete, explain why, resend fom you.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

www.pragmatix.com.au

..
"Tonya980" wrote in message

Tonya98 wrote:

How do I change a meeting organizer??
05-Mar-08

I had an employee recently resign and she has meetings scheduled for a year
in advance with our Medical Staff. We need to be able to send out reminders
to the invited attendees without going in as her. Can I change the meeting
organizer? If so how do I do it?

The .NET Framework FINAL: An Analysis
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ork-final.aspx

On Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:02 PM
Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

No.--Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.
No.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

On Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:42 PM
Dan Peterson wrote:

outlook calendaring
Our domain name & thus our email addresses recently changed, and now I can no longer manage, cancel, or delete a recurring appointment that I created. is now an Attendee, and is now the Organizer. Although we have our email routing setup such that I still receive emails to the old domain email address, apparently in Exchange I am now and I am NOT . What can I do? I didn't even enter an end date for the recurring appointment, I thought I would be able to just cancel or change it if needed. I am in the IT dept., so could perform or ask for Exchange Admin functions, if needed, but I don't know what to do, and haven't seen anything anywhere that addresses this.
thanks,
Dan

Adding WCF Service References
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ce-refere.aspx
Old March 11th 10, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Ola akingbade wrote in message
.. .

N/a

Your post makes no sense.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 9th 13, 12:32 AM
steelyeyedlogicman steelyeyedlogicman is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] View Post
Ola akingbade wrote in message
.. .

N/a

Your post makes no sense.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Harley Davis Writes:
The posts make perfect sense. They detail a list of the activity on other forums as well as this one.

My advice:
You cannot change the organizer information.----FALSE----you can, however it takes time, and you need to be comfortable with the find\replace of a basic text editor (not WORD, not Wordpad, but more like Notepad or apple's TextEdit), and you'll have to know what you are doing in exchange...
Here's how:
Export the calendar events to an ICAL file, dupe the ical file to another folder, and then do that again. Delete all events from new system calendars. Now you'll have to do some text editing. If only the domain is different, you can seek out that part of the addresses in your ical file and replace it using find\replace. If the entire address has changed, same rules apply, add an X400 or SMTP record that matches the prefix of the old mailbox, but has the new domain, set it as your primary, then simply add the new domain in the ical file. Now they'll get all requests on that address, and it'll process normally. Now you need to make sure the responses go through... Lets make this an auto fire shall we? Open up all boxes from an admin account, using outlook client, and turn on the resource auto-processing routines from the options menu. Now upload the ical you saved for each email account in their own box, to their own file, onto their own calendar. Use a VBA to check the Organizer and if a meeting request for all the new events, and then have it do a .send if you are the organizer, or you can do a search yourself for the Organizer, and have it process only the meeting events in a selection. You can run searches to delete the events from other organizers. Now delete the responses from them. Now repeat the cycle for each user, only deleting events organized by users you haven't processed yet (From). The Address book will automatically resolve addresses for you, and replace them with recipient names. Be sure you delete the responses after they are tracked (mark all as read and then delete). Be sure to delete the meeting requests by marking them as read first, then delete only the email, not the event (do it from mailbox, not calendar). Turn off auto processing afterward. You can even change the primary reply address for all users (Exchange will re-resolve the addresses for you later) and it will be perfectly fine.