auto calculate age from birthdate in Calendar

Old February 20th 08, 03:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Arne

Default auto calculate age from birthdate in Calendar

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

BorisS wrote:

Brian, are you getting the age because you've entered into the
appointment, or is there a way to get a reminder to come up from a
person's contact info? I just enter an all day appointment for all
birthdays, and then that comes up as reminder. When I remember, I
put the year of birth into the notes, so can do the math.

Are you saying there is some other way of getting a birthday reminder
of any sort? Please tell, as I'd be interested.

I put the person in as a Contact and then add their birthdate top the
Contact record. Outlook automatically enters it into the calendar with a
reminder.
--
Brian Tillman

Yes it does enter the birthday in automaticly, however it does not show the
age of the contact that has a birthday, and it does not show any contact info
about the person who has a birthday. Is it possible to get this in anyway?
Old February 20th 08, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Arne wrote:

Yes it does enter the birthday in automaticly, however it does not
show the age of the contact that has a birthday, and it does not show
any contact info about the person who has a birthday. Is it possible
to get this in anyway?

You'll have to write the code yourself. Here's an example:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/calcage.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old February 20th 08, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

See also: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/age_form.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old February 20th 08, 09:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Arne

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Arne wrote:

Yes it does enter the birthday in automaticly, however it does not
show the age of the contact that has a birthday, and it does not show
any contact info about the person who has a birthday. Is it possible
to get this in anyway?

See also: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/age_form.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

That form is for outlook 2003, is there a similar form for outlook 2007? I
know I can get the age on the contact with the other code. However I wonder
if it is possible to get it in the calender right behind the birthday
subject? For example Arne's Birthday xx, where xx is the age number.