My reminders are not popping up... how do I fix?

Old February 11th 08, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Joel

Default My reminders are not popping up... how do I fix?

None of my meeting reminders have been popping up, even when reminders are
set. Any idea how to fix this?
Old February 11th 08, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

JoeL wrote:

None of my meeting reminders have been popping up, even when
reminders are set. Any idea how to fix this?

Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanreminders command switch if your
version of Outlook (which you decided wasn't important enough to mention)
supports it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old February 12th 08, 08:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

On Feb 11, 1:59 pm, "Brian Tillman" wrote:
JoeL wrote:
None of my meeting reminders have been popping up, even when
reminders are set. Any idea how to fix this?

Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanreminders command switch if your
version of Outlook (which you decided wasn't important enough to mention)
supports it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I have a user with a similar problem. I tried that switch before but
the meeting reminders still don't pop up. In Outlook, the setting is
set for Default Reminder to be 15 minutes. I sent the user multiple
meeting requests and I checked when the meeting comes into the inbox
and after I accept the meeting to see if it would make a difference,
it did not. The check box is not checked for that meeting to remind
me. The meeting was sent with the meeting reminder set. The user has
to manually check the box on every meeting after he accept them to set
the reminder.
Old March 28th 08, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
S Thomas

I also have a user with this same problem. She has Office 2003 SP2 and we
use Exchange 2003. She is on a roaming profile as well. All of the settings
are set for reminders in Outlook but they will NOT pop up to let her know of
a meeting. I have tried running a repair on Outlook, completely uninstalling
and reinstalling Office 2003, removed her roaming profile from all machines
she uses and even went so far as to completely recreate her profile on the
server and a new Outlook profile. I cannot believe that none of this fixed
the problem. Is there anything on the Exchange side that affects reminders?
I don't think there is, but I don't know what else I can do to fix this.
--
S Thomas

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

wrote:

I have a user with a similar problem. I tried that switch before but
the meeting reminders still don't pop up. In Outlook, the setting is
set for Default Reminder to be 15 minutes. I sent the user multiple
meeting requests and I checked when the meeting comes into the inbox
and after I accept the meeting to see if it would make a difference,
it did not. The check box is not checked for that meeting to remind
me. The meeting was sent with the meeting reminder set. The user has
to manually check the box on every meeting after he accept them to set
the reminder.

Does this mean _you_ as the sender have the meeting reminder set or that the
recipient has a default reminder of 15 minutes? When I receive a meeting
request, it seems to acquire what I have set as opposed to what the sender
has. I can't test right now, but perhaps you're setting a reminder but the
recipient has default reminders disabled.

Also, is the meeting being saved to the recipient's default calendar?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 28th 08, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
S Thomas

Well, I guess the 3rd time is the charm... or maybe it is the 3rd machine
that we tried running the outlook /cleanreminders command on and it seems to
have taken care of the problem for us. It is odd that it would work on one
machine and not the other two. Oh well... this one is working. Good luck and
best wishes if you are still having trouble with this.
--
S Thomas

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Why are my reminders for contacts are not popping up? frustrated Outlook - General Queries 1 December 4th 07 01:52 PM
why are my reminders popping up 1 minute late Scottyapex Outlook - Calandaring 1 March 15th 07 02:47 PM
Reminders not popping up Casey P Outlook - Calandaring 2 March 2nd 07 05:34 PM
Old reminders popping up even after /cleanreminders switch Daniel G. Outlook - Calandaring 1 April 14th 06 06:22 AM
Reminders keep Popping Up after Dismissing ckulow Outlook - Calandaring 1 January 14th 06 03:16 AM