Unable to remove 2 bugging reminders

Old December 11th 07, 06:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Chang

Default Unable to remove 2 bugging reminders

Am using Outlook 2007. Every time I open my Outlook Program, I get a reminder
for an appoint due immediately which is not in my calender.
I can't delete the appointment or "snooze".
I've tried the following steps:
1. When try to snooze, - error
" Cannot postpone the reminder. The message you specify could not be found"
appears.
and then another error "There is an error snoozing the reminder "contact".
Snooze operation terminated appears after clearing the 1st error.

2. Used Outlook /reminder: It clear all reminders for an instance and 5 mins
later, the 2 bugging reminders appear again.

Old December 11th 07, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
TechieBird

Hi Chang

Are you running in an Exchange environment? If so, can you get to your
mailbox using Outlook Web Access (OWA)? (Your administrator may be able to
tell you how to do this if you don't already have the URL.)

I've seen cases similar to what you described where the offending calendar
item could be found and removed with OWA.

Good luck!

--
TechieBird
http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com

Old December 11th 07, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
tony brown

Hi techiebird.

I have the same problerm as Chang but am not running in an exchange
environment. Any ideas

Thanks in advance
--
tony brown

Old December 12th 07, 01:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Chang

Guys,

I have managed to solve the problem.
I closed the outlook software (this is critical) and run the
outlook/clean reminders. Open the outlook again and my bugging reminders did
not appear again.

Hope it will help for the rest who faced this reminder problem.

Cheers

Chang

Old December 13th 07, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
tony brown

Thanks Chang. looks like your suggestion worked for me too.
You can have any prize off the top shelf.
Tony
--
tony brown