change highlight color of today in month view

Old August 23rd 07, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
John

Default change highlight color of today in month view

I have changed the backround color of my calendar, but NOW I want to have the
CURRENT day or Today be highlighted when I am in the Month view so I can
easily see what the current day of the week is
Old August 23rd 07, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

john wrote:

I have changed the backround color of my calendar, but NOW I want to
have the CURRENT day or Today be highlighted when I am in the Month
view so I can easily see what the current day of the week is

It should already be highlighted The date corresponding to today should be
highlighted by an orange color in the portion of the day entry where the
date number occurs, at least for Outlook 2003. What version are you using?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 23rd 07, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
John

Hello Brian,
I have Outllok 2003 SP2, and no I have nothing like you describe, but I do
have a small white highlighted area on the current day- up at the top border
of the date box,
I also checked my other pc and I have a Brown/Orange top border shading.
Problem is I don't know how to change that shading color to make it contrast
to the backround

Old August 23rd 07, 10:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky

its controlled by the windows scheme/theme - you can't change it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old August 23rd 07, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
John

Thank you Diane, after I posted I saw this was the topic of a thread last
year which you were involved with. "But" I have 2 PC's both with Outlook 2003
sp2, both with identical backround themes, one has a a nice orange/brownish
see thru banner at the top, ( i can live with this), the other is a very
faint white transparent border at the top...Why can't I get both to have the
same Brownish/Orange top see thru banner indication for the current day, in
the month view???

Old August 23rd 07, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky

which windows color scheme are you using? are both calendars the same color?
did you try resetting the color scheme on the system with the white border?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

its controlled by the windows scheme/theme - you can't change it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old August 23rd 07, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
John

Hello Diane Yes both pcs are using the exact same sceme, sorta a Lavender
backround color, 7 day, uncompressed weekends, 7 am to 9 pm etc etc,
How would I "reset" Outlook, as you suggest...I have tried changing both
colors around on both pc's etc..back to lavender, to get the Orange top
border on the one PC which has the white banner...no good!

Old August 23rd 07, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky

oh.... I think we're talking about two different color schemes. The one that
affects the highlight color is controlled in Windows control panel, Display
settings. The white border should be on all calendar colors on the affected
machine...

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old August 24th 07, 12:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
John

Diane Not sure you understand.
1. Both pcs are running the same exact software versions. and both have the
same setting for calendar views as far as color. BUT one has the orange /
brown highlight banner and the other has a white one.
Now I hoer that explains it

Old August 24th 07, 01:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

what version of windows do you have?

minimize outlook, right click on the desktop and choose Display (windows xp)
or personalize (vista). What Theme you are using in Windows? Set it to the
default - in XP, choose the blue or silver theme, in vista, choose the one
called Windows Vista. This should fix it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips: