"Actions"/Calendar no longer brings up a new appointment - help!

Old August 21st 07, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
SussexMark

Default "Actions"/Calendar no longer brings up a new appointment - help!

Suddenly, I cannot arrange a new appointment. I click "Actions" whilst on
Calendar and the new appointment window no longer opens. Any
suggestions/solution would be most welcome. Mark, Sussex, England
Old August 21st 07, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky

Did you reboot? Do you get any errors?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old August 28th 07, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Christina

Default "Actions"/Calendar no longer brings up a new appointment - hel

Diane,

I am having this same issue with one of my users. We are using Exchange
Server 2003 with Outlook 2003. My user "did something" (she can't remember
what) and is now unable to make a New Appointment on her calendar. She is
able to make new appointments on those calendars that are shared with her.

Any suggestions? She has shut her computer down since this issue started,
and is not receiving errors when attempting to open a New Appointment.

Thank you,

Old June 12th 08, 03:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Alex

i am having the same problem: when i try to open an appointment in the
calendar, no dialogue box appears but a process is initiated - i checked via
the task manager. If i close the process in the task manager, outlook also
closes down.

I am running a standalone machine using outlook 2007 and XP

Old June 19th 08, 07:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Andi Maffia

Hi NG,
me too! I've Outlook 2003 on XP Prof (both updated to the teeth) with an
Exchange Mailbox (SBS2k3 also up-to-date). I can open appointments for the
first 1/2 hour or so after opening Outlook, then without an error or comment
it just doesn't open the dialogue anymore. However, when I open a shared
calendar, I can work normally. I've reinstalled Office, cleared the cache,
deleted Frmcache.dat all to no avail.
All ideas appreciated before I call Redmond!
Old June 19th 08, 07:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Alex

I am still unable to open an appointment: I have tried scanpst.exe to repair
my pst file - didn't work. Restarted outlook from the RUN prompt with a
number of different options, eg /clearviews etc - didn't work.

I can create an appointment but I can't open it to add details. In the
monthly calendar view, I can move the appointment to different days. If I
access the calendar from a 'day' view, I can move the appointment to
different starting times and extend its duration but it won't open a dialogue
box when double-clicked.

I am not sure what to try next.

Old June 19th 08, 04:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Andi Maffia

Hi Alex,
it seems this problem is pretty widespread - I've a rfa running on the
german ng as well - but as yet I've no remedy. If I open a call with Redmond,
I'll let you know of the outcome.