Cannot add new appointments to my calendar

Old August 12th 07, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Amy

Default Cannot add new appointments to my calendar

I just started noticing that I cannot add new appointments to my Outlook 2003
calendar. I get the error message "This item could not be saved to this
folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have
permission." I have restarted my computer and that didn't help. I don't
know what happened, but it just started happening within the past couple of
days.
Old August 13th 07, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jim

I am having this same problem and it is driving me nuts. My issue started
after I had to use Repair and Detect to ge my Outlook to connect with my
email server.

Any suggestions out there?

Old August 14th 07, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Amy

I honestly don't know why mine started happening. I also cannot move items
from the Junk email folder to the Inbox without clicking and dragging. I
cannot add them as a safe sender.

Old August 14th 07, 04:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky

is outlook activated? how many items do you have in the junk folder?
calendar folder? did you empty the deleted items folder? how many names are
on the safe sender list?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

news

Old August 14th 07, 04:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Amy

Yes outlook is activated. No items in teh junk folder now (i detleated
them). I don't know where my calendar folder is. I empty the deleted items
folder after every shut down of outlook. I don't know how many names are on
my safe senders list.

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

is outlook activated? how many items do you have in the junk folder?
calendar folder? did you empty the deleted items folder? how many names are
on the safe sender list?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

news

Old August 14th 07, 08:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jim

Same here, my Outlook is activated, nothing in my junk folder, I clean out
the deleted items folder daily if not more often. I don't know how many safe
senders I have, but it is probably only a small handful.

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

is outlook activated? how many items do you have in the junk folder?
calendar folder? did you empty the deleted items folder? how many names are
on the safe sender list?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

news

Old August 14th 07, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky

the safe and blocked lists combined have a limit of approx 2000 names.

have you rebooted after it started? That seems to fix it for some people.

If you created a new profile in Outlook 2003 or 2007 and used the pst it
created with the profile, you have a Unicode pst so file size or item count
per folder won't matter. If you are using a pst created in an older version
of outlook: If the folders have too many items you will not be able use that
folder and if the deleted is 'full' you may have problems working in other
folders. (16,000 in a pst made in outlook 2000 to 65,000 + in newer
versions) If you are using a pst created in an older version of outlook, it
can not exceed 2 GB in total file size.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

is outlook activated? how many items do you have in the junk folder?
calendar folder? did you empty the deleted items folder? how many names
are
on the safe sender list?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

news

Old August 14th 07, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Amy

I have rebooted several times. I have not changed anything since I have
downloaded Outlook 2003. I just want it to work again. And I don't know
what pst is.

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

is outlook activated? how many items do you have in the junk folder?
calendar folder? did you empty the deleted items folder? how many names
are
on the safe sender list?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

news I honestly don't know why mine started happening. I also cannot move