How to bold appointments in calender

Old July 25th 07, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
slickhead63

Default How to bold appointments in calender

When I am setting up appointments or adding recurring dates, on the calendar
some are shown in bold and some aren't. I am specifically talking about
B-Day's or anniversaries. I thnk I have the different dates set up the same
(except for specific dates) with all of teh same type of info. But there is
not any consistency that I can see, as to what is bolded and what isn't.
Old July 25th 07, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

slickhead63 wrote:

When I am setting up appointments or adding recurring dates, on the
calendar some are shown in bold and some aren't. I am specifically
talking about B-Day's or anniversaries. I thnk I have the different
dates set up the same (except for specific dates) with all of teh
same type of info. But there is not any consistency that I can see,
as to what is bolded and what isn't.

I don't believe all-day events like birthdays or anniversaries cause the
Date Navigator to display a bold date.
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 25th 07, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
slickhead63

Thank you for your posting to my issue. However I checked, and found all
day events (b-days adn anniversies) that where the only events for that day
to be both in bold and not bold. I still need an answer.
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

slickhead63 wrote:

When I am setting up appointments or adding recurring dates, on the
calendar some are shown in bold and some aren't. I am specifically
talking about B-Day's or anniversaries. I thnk I have the different
dates set up the same (except for specific dates) with all of teh
same type of info. But there is not any consistency that I can see,
as to what is bolded and what isn't.

I don't believe all-day events like birthdays or anniversaries cause the
Date Navigator to display a bold date.
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 26th 07, 02:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
nana

Here's how to BOLD the Subject Line in your Calendar:
1. Be in your CALENDAR view.
2. Click on "View" on the toolbar.
3. Click on "Current View."
4. Click on "Customize Current View."
5. Click on "Other Settings."
You will see what to do next. Good luck!

Old July 27th 07, 03:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

The boldness has to do with the FREE/BUSY Data

If you make an Event and show the time as Free, the Date Navigator does not
Bold that date.

If you make an Event and Show Time as as Busy or Out of office or Tentative
that Date Navigator shows that date as Bold.

Birthdays are Events and DEAULT to show time as FREE.

I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook

read my articles he www.judygleeson.com
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

Old July 27th 07, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) wrote:

The boldness has to do with the FREE/BUSY Data

....snip...
Birthdays are Events and DEAULT to show time as FREE.

D'oh! I should have realized this.
--
Brian Tillman