is the "Save but don't send update"....

Old July 19th 07, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Richard

Default is the "Save but don't send update"....

option no longer available in Outlook 2007? All the users see is "Save
changes and send update" or "Don't save but keep the meeting open" when
making changes in meetings.

Or is the "Save but don't send update" option hidden somewhere? Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks.

Old December 10th 07, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Janice Somers

Default Don't send update in Outlook 2007

Just wondering if you ever recevied any feedback on this issue. We seem to be experiencing the same issue here and was looking for a direction to take with it. Any tid bits would be appreciated.

A Womand Told Me
http://www.awomantoldme.com
Old December 11th 07, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Janice Somers Janice Somers wrote:

Just wondering if you ever recevied any feedback on this issue. We
seem to be experiencing the same issue here and was looking for a
direction to take with it. Any tid bits would be appreciated.

Care to describe what "this issue" might happen to be?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old January 8th 08, 02:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sean Bogan[_2_]

The issue is that there was an option in previous versions of Outlook to save
an appointment without sending an update to all attendees. This is no longer
an option in Outlook 2007.

You can save and send update or you can cancel changes. But there doesn't
appear to be a way to move the meeting without sending an update.

Old January 13th 08, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Sean Bogan wrote:

The issue is that there was an option in previous versions of Outlook
to save an appointment without sending an update to all attendees.
This is no longer an option in Outlook 2007.

You can save and send update or you can cancel changes. But there
doesn't appear to be a way to move the meeting without sending an
update.

I just tried this. I created a meeting request and sent it. I then opened
the meeting request, change it, and clicked the X in the upper right. I got
a pop-up that gave me three raio buttons: Save changes and send update",
"Save changes but don't send", and "Don't save changes". Those are the same
three choices Outlook 2003 gives.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old February 22nd 08, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Dave Benton

I'm with Shawn. I have several meetings where this is the case. When I add a
new attendee an update is sent to all attendees. I no longer get the option
to send to just added/removed attendees.
I also am not able to edit a mtg w/o updating the attendees. Odd thing is,
if I make a change and select Don't Save Changes, the changes appear in the
calendar item anyway. If I change a mtg from busy to Out of office or vica
versa the item changes to what I selected but the color coding stays as the
orignal setting.
I am able to edit mtg invites sent to me. The problems exist when I send the
invites.

Old February 22nd 08, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Dave Benton wrote:

I'm with Shawn.

Sean (not Shawn).

Why did it work for me when I tried it, if the feature is no longer there?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old March 5th 08, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Regina

On your test, did you invite anyone? It probably gives you the option to
save without sending an update if you're the only invitee. It's driving me
mad that I can't add little notes without sending updates to the entire
invitee list!

Old March 11th 08, 11:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

On Feb 22, 2:00*pm, "Brian Tillman" wrote:
Dave Benton wrote:
I'm with Shawn.

Sean (not Shawn).

Why did it work for me when I tried it, if the feature is no longer there?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I don't know why, but I'm experiencing the same issue. Maybe you
aren't using the same steps to reproduce?

In the most recent example where I've seen this, the meeting was
recurring

The dialog that pops up says "
The time of the meeting has changed. Choose one of the following:
* Save changes and send update
* Don't save but keep the meeting open
"

To resolve, I created a second meeting at the correct time, and I
ignore the one that Outlook will not let me change.

This is either a bug or a horrible design choice
Old February 28th 12, 03:54 PM
James Ryan James Ryan is offline
Junior Member

Yes, Brian, you have to invite someone to the meeting and then after that if you try to change it it will no longer give you the option to "Save but don't update". This feature was useful when you knew you were going to have to move a meeting but you wanted to confirm with everyone else before you actually sent out the change.

It was also useful, as another poster pointed, if you want to put in notes to yourself without having everyone else on the invite list able to see your notes.

And, actually, no matter how I input the meeting, I no longer see the choice of "Save but don't update" so I don't know how you are doing it. This is a real flaw in this program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post