Delegates permissions in Outlook 2007 Calendar

Old July 19th 07, 12:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
garryb

Default Delegates permissions in Outlook 2007 Calendar

Hi,

Ever since we upgraded to Outlook 2007, there have been problems with adding
new items to my calendar by our administrator. She can edit existing
calendar items, but not create new one's. I have given full permissions for
"everything", basically making her the owner of my calendar, yet it keeps
coming up with "The operation failied. An object cannot be found." when
trying to add new items. This was working perfectly well with outlook 2003.
Anyone any ideas please?

Thanks
Old July 19th 07, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Greg Mansius [MSFT]

Hi,

There were several "calendar" fixes in the following update:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=937494

Can you install this update on both manager and delegate machines to see if
the problem goes away?

If this doesn't fix the problem, are both users in Cached mode? If either
one is in cached mode, can you see if this problem occurs when they are both
in Online mode?

--
Thanks

greg mansius [MSFT]
Microsoft Office Outlook Support

Old July 23rd 07, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
garryb

Hi Greg,

Thanks very much for the reply. I already have the hotfix installed.
As for the cached/online mode - is this something that a user (i.e. me) can
look at, or is this an exchange server admin job?
Additional info - our administrator can basically work on everyone else's
calendar, so it seems specific to mine.

Old July 24th 07, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Greg Mansius [MSFT]

Cached/Online mode is a client-side setting. If the lower-right corner of
the Outlook status bar says "Connected with Microsoft Exchange" then you are
in Cached mode. If the lower-right corner of the Outlook status bar says
"Online with Microsoft Exchange" then you are in Online mode.

Can you check to see which mode you and your administrator are running in?

--

"Greg Mansius [MSFT]" wrote:

Hi,

There were several "calendar" fixes in the following update:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=937494

Can you install this update on both manager and delegate machines to see
if
the problem goes away?

If this doesn't fix the problem, are both users in Cached mode? If either
one is in cached mode, can you see if this problem occurs when they are
both
in Online mode?

--
Thanks

greg mansius [MSFT]
Microsoft Office Outlook Support

rights.

Old July 30th 07, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
garryb

Greg,

We are both running "Connected to Microsoft Exchange".

Garry