Cannot remove second calendar

Old June 28th 07, 11:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Andy Collins

Default Cannot remove second calendar

Hi
I recently migrated a user onto a new laptop, and now when he views his
calendar, he has 2 default calendars. One is populated with all of his old
appointments, but unfortunantly, its the second, empty one where all his new
appointment entries are going
Can anyone tell me how to either remove the 2nd calendar from his profile,
or how to force all appointments to go to the correct calendar

note: when you try and delete either calendar, it errors, saying that it is
a special Outlook folder, and cannot be removed

Can anyone help me?
Old June 28th 07, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
TechieBird

Hi Andy

If you run Outlook with the /resetfolders switch, it will set one folder to
be the default for Calendar, Inbox, Tasks, etc. You should then be able to
move all the data into that and delete the other one.

I've never had any data loss from use of this, but it's probably a good idea
to back up the mailbox/PST first.
--
TechieBird
http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com

Old June 28th 07, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky

Sounds almost like he has two psts - the old one and the new one - if so,
just open the old calendar and drag the appts to the new one. Use the By
category view and select all...

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old July 24th 07, 09:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Andy Collins[_2_]

Ok, so how do I now delete one of these calendars, and force all new entries
to go to the main one? Starting Outlook with the /resetfolders switch didn't
seem to work

Old July 24th 07, 02:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Andy Collins wrote:

Ok, so how do I now delete one of these calendars, and force all new
entries to go to the main one? Starting Outlook with the
/resetfolders switch didn't seem to work

Outlook will place all new items in the folders contained in the delivery
location data store, which you can choose with the "Delivery new e-mail to
the following location" drop-down at the lower left on ToolsE-mail
AccountsNext. After choosing the one you want, stop and restart Outlook.
Then delete the folder set you don't want by right-clicking its root and
choosing Close.
--
Brian Tillman