Outlook calendar parameters not valid

Old May 26th 07, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Eddie

Default Outlook calendar parameters not valid

All of a sudden, entries into calendar won't save. I keep getting the error
message "Could not save the item. Could not complete the operation. One or
more parameter values are not valid." I have Outlook 2003 (11.8118.8132) SP2.
Old June 15th 07, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mark

Dear Eddie,

I had the same problem. Microsoft Help and Support sent me the following
and I was able to fix my problem using the following directions .

Create a new profile
A new profile is a new environment for us to use Outlook. To create a new
profile is only for a test to see if the problem is related to the corrupt
profile of Outlook. Creating new profile will not do any damage to the old
profile.

1. On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2. Click Switch to Classic View, and then click the Mail icon.
3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click the Show Profiles button.
4. On the General tab, click to select the Prompt for a profile to be used
check box.
5. Click Add.
6. In the Profile Name box, type a descriptive name for the new profile, and
then click OK.
7. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and
then click Next.
8. Select the appropriate server type for your new e-mail account, and then
click Next.
9. Fill in the appropriate information as prompted to configure the account
again, and then click Next.
10. Click OK.
11. Restart Outlook and select the new profile in the popup window.

The technician who helped me said that the cause of my problem was probably
that the current running profile had become corrupted.

Hope this works for you.