How do I make appointments in someone elses shared calendar?

Old May 21st 07, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Amy

Default How do I make appointments in someone elses shared calendar?

I am trying to coordinate calendars. My boss wants me to have access to his
calendar to be able to book him appointments. Not just be able to see if he's
busy. How do I set up appointments in his calendar. It tells me it is a
read only file.
Old May 21st 07, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Oliver Vukovics

Hi Amy,

are you using Exchange Server?

Not just be able to see if he's busy.

Do you work without Exchange but with the "Fre/Busy function of Outlook"?

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

Old May 21st 07, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Amy

We are not using an Exchange server. I have it set up to publish our
calendars online. I can view what his schedule is... I just can't input
appointments for him.

Old May 21st 07, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Oliver Vukovics

Hi Amy,

the "Online Calendar" function of Outlook does not support to "add" any
information / appointments.

You will need Exchange Server, an Exchange account or a solution that
supports "online calendar sharing".

Have a look on this sites for some kinds of shareing solution:

Share Outlook on the web with "Public WEB PST":
http://www.publicshareware.com/publi...scription.html

Outlook sharing solutions:
http://www.publicshareware.com/publi...scription.html
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...477571033.aspx

Office Marketplace Outlook messaging tools:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...719621033.aspx

Calendar tools:
http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/olpubcal.htm