Can I cross-out days in the past or make them another color

Old May 20th 07, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
BruceM

Default Can I cross-out days in the past or make them another color

Diane, I know you can't mark off days. The challenge is to get someone at
Microsoft to see that this is a feature that thousands of customers would
like! There ought to be settings that allow one a variety of methods for
"marking the dates". Know anybody in Microsofts's office group?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

You can't mark off (or highlight) the entire day - you can use filters to
hide old appointments or automatic formatting rules that mark items dated
before today with a gray font.

outlook does highlight today a little around the date.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"BruceM" wrote in message
I would like to do the same. There are several posts here that area all
asking for the same thing in one way or another (another post wanted to
"deemphasize" days in the past. What we want is for past days (and even
the
current day) to be highlighted in such a way that one can tell at a glance
where you are in the week or month!

"Tate Decker" wrote:

I want to mark off the days as they go by, like everyone does on their
paper
calenders, so I know what day it is when I look quickly. Does anyone
have
any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks.

Old May 20th 07, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

We all know folks in Microsoft's Office group as well as Outlook and believe me, this is far down on the wish list and even further down on the list of items to program. Foremost right now is fixing the performance issues with Outlook 2007.

Marking past days with an X is both very hard to do and very unlikely to be done. If you would really like this feature, then put in a wish on the Microsoft Office site but don't hold your breath.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, BruceM asked:

Old May 30th 07, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
edonovan52

My question is similar but a tad different.

The default Calendar view in Outlook shows you the current week at the very
bottom, looking back at the past 4 weeks.

Obviously the appointments and meetings in the future are more important.
How do I change it so I'm seeing maybe, only 1 week in the past at the top
and the coming weeks at the bottom?

Thanks,
Evan

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

We all know folks in Microsoft's Office group as well as Outlook and believe me, this is far down on the wish list and even further down on the list of items to program. Foremost right now is fixing the performance issues with Outlook 2007.

Marking past days with an X is both very hard to do and very unlikely to be done. If you would really like this feature, then put in a wish on the Microsoft Office site but don't hold your breath.

--Â

Old May 30th 07, 02:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

I presume you are talking about the month view? If yes, you asked for a month view and that is what you are seeing, the entire current month.

If you want a month ahead view, change to the daily view and then swipe an entire month from the data navigator. This method will always keep the current week at the top.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, edonovan52 asked:

Old May 30th 07, 01:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
edonovan52

Thanks for your help.

However, can you give me some steps on how to "change to the daily view and

Old May 31st 07, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Enable the Advanced Toolbar, then use the dropdown to change to daily view. With the Date Navigator displayed click on the current day and using the Shift button, click on the day 30 or 31 days out. Release your mouse and you should have a current month view that will advance with the dates rather than display the current month. Your week should always be on top.

Old September 26th 07, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mike Turner

Default Half way there

Hi, I too want to do what this post is trying to achieve, and I am half way
there. I can make it so that the current day/week is on the top of my
monthly calendar, as per this post (Outlook 2007), but every time I go to
some other part of Outlook, and then return to my Calendar, it defaults to
the old view with the current day/week at the bottom.

Is there any way to save a current view. So that all the settings will
return next time I come back to the calendar.

I've tried the customise current view page, but it doesnt load the settings
from the current view, and I dont really know which settings to change to
make it identical to my "live" current view.

Mike in Sydney.

Old October 15th 07, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Phil Seeman

You could use the free Outlook add-in available at
www.moreproductivenow.com. It allows you to maintain a separate open
calendar window independent of your Outlook view.

Phil Seeman,
More Productive Now!

Old April 10th 09, 01:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
rmeronemo

Almost 5 years after the original post, I still want this functionality.

Old April 10th 09, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Maybe if you come back in another 5 yrs, you might get your wish, but I'm
pretty sure its not going to make it into the next version.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your