Outlook Tasks displayed in Calender

Old February 6th 06, 10:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mark

Default Outlook Tasks displayed in Calender

I use the Outlook Today within Outlook and want to have the ability to view
my tasks within the calender view. When I go to my calender I would like
there to be an overlap option to where one can view both calender items and
task items through the 'Calender view'.

2817262781

--
Mark

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....calendari ng
Old February 7th 06, 01:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Mark wrote:

I use the Outlook Today within Outlook and want to have the ability
to view my tasks within the calender view. When I go to my calender I
would like there to be an overlap option to where one can view both
calender items and task items through the 'Calender view'.

So, click ViewTaskpad
--
Brian Tillman
Old February 7th 06, 01:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mark

Bill, Thank you for the response. Actually I have tried that option, where it
shows the actual task pad. However, I want the option to view my task items
within the same scheme as the calender. When I view the calender by the whole
month, I would like to see all the scheduled holidays and stuff, along with
notated task items.

--
Mark

Old February 7th 06, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Mark wrote:

Bill, Thank you for the response. Actually I have tried that option,
where it shows the actual task pad. However, I want the option to
view my task items within the same scheme as the calender. When I
view the calender by the whole month, I would like to see all the
scheduled holidays and stuff, along with notated task items.

Who's Bill?

You've added requirements that were not in your original suggestion. It's
difficult for anyone to suggest a solution when the requirements keep
changing. Also, expect SPAM and viruses now that you publiced your email
address in a public forum.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 7th 06, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mark

Brian, I mean.....My recommendation was to Microsoft where the idea was also
posted on the community. Basically, I just wanted to have a "one-stop shop"
option within Outlooks Calender, in order to view Task and Calender items
within the same view without being in the TaskPad mode.
--
Mark

Old July 14th 06, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
robert

Brian -
I have the same question and I fully understood what Mark was asking in his
original query.

Outlook should be able to display Tasks within the calendar. I personally
have searched every control and option to do that but have never found a way
to get tasks to appear in their specific day on the calendar view. It would
be a REQUIRED option feature so you could print a complete calendar for daily
use when away from the office.

Old July 14th 06, 07:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook 2007 will have a unified display showing your calendar, today's
appointments, and tasks. Very cool.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Robert asked:

Old July 14th 06, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mark

Robert, Thanks for being one of the only ones to verify my complaint or
recommendation....I figured they would lean on just adding this feature to a
newer edition of Outlook..Wow after 5 months someone else responded...yea!!!
--
Mark

Old July 15th 06, 07:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Al

Doesn't "Outlook Today" already accomplish this?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Outlook 2007 will have a unified display showing your calendar, today's
appointments, and tasks. Very cool.

--Â

Old July 15th 06, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

no, not really. uit shows a list, but it's not what most people want.
Outlook 2007's to do list probably won't satisfy everyone either, but it's a
start.

in older versions, print the calendar with the task list visible.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]