Outlook Tasks displayed in Calender

Old August 21st 07, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Default Outlook Tasks displayed in Calender

Tim Green wrote:

I am surprised that you do not understand the requirement here,
especially since at least one of Outlook's principle rivals, Lotus
Notes, provides exactly this functionality, which was used at my
previous firm.

One must be familiar with a product to be able to compare it. I've never
seen Lotus Notes and while I may know a good bit about how Outlook works, I
have no knowledge of Notes, so how could that have possibly helped me
understand the requirement?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old October 7th 07, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Delerius

It's sad that I had to spend $50 for Taskline's software but it gets the job
done. This is simple Microsoft... when you have a calendar, you place items
on a calendar for a reason. Whether they are appointments or tasks a user
should have the option to display either or, or both on the calendar. I
understand I can see the tasks at the bottom in a weekly calendar in outlook
2007, but here I am mainly talking about viewing a full month. Anyhow,
Taskline's software does the job where Microsoft failed to do a simple task...

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

I did not say they were all in one item, I said that Outlook 2007 offers a
unified "Display" of these items so you do not need to keep switching
between folder views. THere is nothing on the horizon to integrate Tasks
and calendar since they are different types of Outlook items. If this is
important to you, you may want to check out Taskline which offers
integration with the calendar. http://www.taskline.info

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Mark asked:

Old October 7th 07, 01:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

As stated before, task items and appointment items are completely different types of Outlook forms. They belong in their own folder type. You can drag a task to the calendar, or drag an appointment item to the tasks folder.

What Mr. Sinclair offers with Taskline is a third very useful option. Microsoft cannot do everything and leaves some items for third party developers, for which the 3rd party developers, and their families, are very grateful.

Besides , how much anti-trust trouble do you expect Microsoft to court?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Delerius asked:

Old October 7th 07, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Delerius

Yes they are different but it would be nice to simply select what you would
like on the calendar instead of dragging everything. I mainly use the tasks
to let me know when bills are due. I place all the bills in the tasks and
have it setup to do a re-incurring cycle. When I pay the bill, I mark the
task complete and move on. So as you can see, it is important to me to see a
complete month at a time with all the tasks. Maybe you can tell me, does
Microsoft's money integrate with outlook and its calendar function? I can
understand Microsoft not wanting to step on toes but I am trying to simplify
what I do on the computer. I dislike having to open three programs to
accomplish one task such as paying bills. Why three programs? I use Quicken
to keep track of financial records, an excel spreadsheet to keep track of
utilization on credit cards and outlook for when bills are due. With Quicken
I can keep track of the bills due on their month view calendar but since I
use outlook for everything else, it’s just nice to have one program open to
view what I need to view for the day.
I apologize for yesterday's post and the tone of it. It's just frustrating
the amount of time a person can waste in wanting to achieve something. I hope
in the future the abilities of being able to link data from one program to
another becomes easier. Now if I can only get my spreadsheet into outlook…
lol…

Old October 7th 07, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

I tend to use Quicken for my financials (they have a great calendar for scheduling payments, etc.) and not Money but I don't believe Money will integrate with Outlook. I am not aware of any financial package that does but your favorite search engine would probably be the best place to start looking for such a program.

Old December 10th 08, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
DebbieG

I have a question. We've recently gone from Groupwise to Outlook. In
Groupwise we were able to print the tasks in their entirety along with
appointments on the calendar. I have permission right to my boss' calendar,
but when I enter tasks it puts them on his calendar, but the view I see when
I print does not show the tasks. Our tech people say it's because they are
his tasks. If I sign on using his password (which is a no-no), I can see the
tasks. Is there some way around this. Our office uses task to track all our
office projects/cases. This is crippling us.
--
Debbie in WV

"Mark" wrote:

I use the Outlook Today within Outlook and want to have the ability to view
my tasks within the calender view. When I go to my calender I would like
there to be an overlap option to where one can view both calender items and
task items through the 'Calender view'.

2817262781

--
Mark

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....calendari ng

Old December 11th 08, 06:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)[_535_]

Get permission to his Tasks folder, then you can print it in its entirety.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing

"Mark" wrote:

I use the Outlook Today within Outlook and want to have the ability to
view
my tasks within the calender view. When I go to my calender I would like
there to be an overlap option to where one can view both calender items
and
task items through the 'Calender view'.

2817262781

--
Mark

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then

Old December 16th 08, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Vanda

I have permission to both the tasks and calendar for my boss and when I go to
print out his daily calendar it does not show his tasks (none of them) as it
did when I printed them when we were on Outlook 2003. Please tell me how to
fix this problem.

Thanks,
Vanda

Old December 16th 08, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)[_550_]

I think you cannot print his Calendar and Tasks together. You can print his
Tasks from his Tasks folder.

--

"Mark" wrote:

I use the Outlook Today within Outlook and want to have the ability to
view
my tasks within the calender view. When I go to my calender I would
like
there to be an overlap option to where one can view both calender
items
and
task items through the 'Calender view'.

2817262781

--
Mark

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the
"I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow

Old May 27th 09, 12:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Tim Green[_2_]

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Tim Green wrote:

I am surprised that you do not understand the requirement here,
especially since at least one of Outlook's principle rivals, Lotus
Notes, provides exactly this functionality, which was used at my
previous firm.

One must be familiar with a product to be able to compare it. I've never
seen Lotus Notes and while I may know a good bit about how Outlook works, I
have no knowledge of Notes, so how could that have possibly helped me
understand the requirement?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian,

I know this is over a year old, but I am so utterly staggered by this reply
that I simply must comment!

Microsoft have a functionality here for users to suggest features that they
would find useful. It is not unreasonable for these suggestions to come in
part from functionality provided by other products. It also seems unlikely
that Microsoft themselves (the people who are interested in these
suggestions) are completely unaware of rival products. You yourself say "One
must be familiar with a product to be able to compare it." If you personally
are unaware of a product mentioned by a contributor, the only rational course
is not to comment! Your petty and childish replies have done nothing whatever
to advance the discussion of the topic at hand.

In any case, I was merely pointing out that the requirement, which you (and
others) appear to consider as both unreasonable and technically impossible,
is in fact neither, as it has already been implemented in other software.

You have acquired MVP status, so your regular posts must be civil, even
friendly. Might I suggest that you extend the same courtesy to those making
suggestions to Microsoft, and not consider each suggestion as a personal
affront, nor your own failure to understand a requirement as evidence of the
capriciousness and stupidity of your correspondent?

Tim