Recurring Events: Can't open this item. The operation failed.

Old March 7th 07, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring

Default Recurring Events: Can't open this item. The operation failed.

When in calendar mode in Outlook 2003, I get the error in the subject
line every time I try to open a recurring event. This only occurs with
the views: Day/Week/Month, Day/Week/Month View with Autopreview.

In all of the other view, I can open and edit any event, including the
recurring ones.

As a test, I successfully created a new recurring event in Day/Week/
Month view, but could not open it after it was created, except in the
other non-calendar-ish views...

This is driving me nuts as everything was working perfectly fine until
this morning.

I have scoured this group and others to find a solution, but nothing I
have tried has worked.

The things I have tried a

Detect and Repair
scanpst

Help!!!!

Old March 8th 07, 04:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nikki

First thing I would try is to clean up the forms cache.

To do so, follow these steps:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options.
3. Click Custom Forms.
4. Click Manage Forms.
5. Click Clear Cache.
6. Close all open windows, and then restart Outlook 2003.

If the above does not work, try the following.

Deleting the Forms Cache File:
The Frmcache.dat file is the primary file to delete. The Frmcache.dat
file serves as an index of the individual forms that have been cached
on the computer. Use the following steps to manually delete the
Frmcache.dat file. In addition, these steps delete all of the cached
forms on your computer, which are stored in subfolders of the
Forms folder.

1.. Quit Outlook.
2.. Search the Hard drive (F3) to locate the Frmcache.dat file.
(Be sure to check in HIDDEN files on W2K or WXP.)
3.. Delete all that are found from the FIND window.
4.. Open Outlook.

When you restart Outlook, and use a form, the forms cache
is re-created.

Nikki Peterson

ps.com...

Old March 12th 07, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ben

Hi Nikki & All-

I tried these same things, but neither worked. I even tried deleting
everything for outlook from my "Documents and Settings" folder, which worked
for ONE launch of Outlook. When I opened outlook a 2nd time, same problem.

Then, I tried uninstalling all of MS office and reinstalling - same problem.

It seems this outlook is getting something in the sync that causes this
problem, but my other PCs are all still working fine.

Thoughts?

Old March 13th 07, 06:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
jon

I am having the exact same problem stating today. I tried everything listed
without any luck. Help Please!!

Old March 28th 07, 12:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

"Ben" wrote:
Hi Nikki & All-

I tried these same things, but neither worked. I even tried deleting
everything for outlook from my "Documents and Settings" folder, which worked
for ONE launch of Outlook. When I opened outlook a 2nd time, same problem.

Then, I tried uninstalling all of MS office and reinstalling - same problem.

It seems this outlook is getting something in the sync that causes this
problem, but my other PCs are all still working fine.

Thoughts?

"Nikki" wrote:

First thing I would try is to clean up the forms cache.- Hide quoted text -

I am also having the exact same problem. has anyone had any luck?

Old March 29th 07, 05:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
rayswchiu

me too. My error message reads "Can't open this item. The object could not
be found."

i exported everything from Calendar and checked, everything is in there. In
addition, recurring items that was deleted were in there too. It's weird.

rayswchiu