Meeting requests sent by wrong account

Old February 22nd 07, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jude

Default Meeting requests sent by wrong account

I have 2 email accoutns setup: one personal (pop8 from ISP) and one for work
(Exchange). I keep my meeting events in my personal calendar, not on the
Exchange mailbox. I create a meeting event in my personal calendar and I send
the request via my pop8 email account (I select this account in the meeting
request window). Outlook sends the meeting request as follows: personal email
on behalf of work email account, and the email is being sent via the Exchange
server anyways. This is what I see in my sent items (pop8) after the request
has been sent. The recipient receives it from my work email account.

Bottom line it seems that Outlook overrides my selection of email account
when sending a meeting request.

Note: 1) I do not have this problem with regular outgoing emails. 2) My
default account is the pop8.

Thanks for your help.
Old February 22nd 07, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jude

Reading somebody else question, I think that my problem is around the default
calendar in Outlook. How can I change the defaut calendar to make it my POP8
instead of my Exchange?

Old February 23rd 07, 06:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

You don't say what version of Outlook you're using, but this has been an
issue in the past -- Exchange sometimes tends to take over when there is an
internet account in the same profile. The only way to make the other
calendar your default is to make your .PST file the default mail delivery
location, but even that won't guarantee that Exchange won't hijack your
meeting requests. The only thing you can do is put the Exchange account and
the .PST in different profiles, and choose which one you want to use when you
start Outlook. (It's POP3, btw, not POP8.)

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old February 23rd 07, 02:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jude

Tx very much for your quick resonse Jocelyn.

I am running on 2007 and my default is the POP3 pst, but as you say Exchange
hijacks the outgoing meeting requests anyways. So I will have to set two
profiles as you said; I will inquire on how to do that. Thank you again.

Old February 24th 07, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

Control Panel | Mail is where you create and manage Outlook profiles.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old June 30th 10, 09:58 PM
OlegR OlegR is offline
Junior Member

Hi I have the opposite problem. I have my work exchange account in Outlook as well as personal Gmail (imap).

I only send out work invites and want them to come from my @work account.

Work exchange acct is default, and its OST file is default.

Its Outlook 2007, latest SP.

Problem: When I send out invites they come as user@gmail on behalf of user@work (sent by user@work)

How do I get rid of this? I just want it to come from my work account clean.

Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook] View Post