Free Busy Feature -- hash marks?

Old February 9th 07, 12:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mel

Default Free Busy Feature -- hash marks?

Hi,

When a user tries to schedule a meeting using the Outlook Calendar Meeting
Request option, scheduled users are not populating their free busy
information.

"Free Busy Feature of Outlook Shows Hash Marks Instead of Calendar
Information" as reported by one specific user.

Is this caused by Outlook not recognizing the name with which you typed in
the schedule field? If not, what might cause this?

thx,

Mel

Old February 9th 07, 02:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nikki

There are a few things that can cause this to occur.
- The calendar/inbox has not been initiated. In other words the
active directory account has never been opened in a profile.
- The delivery point of the client is not set to the exchange server.
If the delivery of mail is set to a PST then the free/busy is not
published.
- Exchange Server is not publishing free/busy. May need to fix
the free/busy at the server level. (See Exchange list for info).
- Client free/busy is corrupt. (See info below)

You may want to try the following at the client level.Try opening
Outlook using a switch:

The command line looks like:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe " /CleanReminders

Note: Paths that include spaces between words must be enclosed in quotation
marks (") and are case sensitive.

OL2003: Command-Line Switches by Microsoft Office Assistance:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...031101033.aspx

Below are the switches that I suggest you try:

a.. /CleanReminders - Cleans and regenerates reminders.
b. /CleanFreeBusy - Cleans and regenerates free/busy information.

Please write back and let me know if this helped you.

Nikki Peterson

Old February 12th 07, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jim

I will give them a try today. I will also check the server side as you
suggest. I will report back my results.

thx,

Jim

Old February 13th 07, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jim

Your client suggestion fixed the issue...in addition we took the client out
of cache mode before running the Outlook cleanup.

thx,

Jim

Old February 14th 07, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nikki

Glad to hear. =)

"Mel" wrote in message
Hi,

When a user tries to schedule a meeting using the Outlook Calendar
Meeting
Request option, scheduled users are not populating their free busy
information.

"Free Busy Feature of Outlook Shows Hash Marks Instead of Calendar
Information" as reported by one specific user.

Is this caused by Outlook not recognizing the name with which you typed
in
the schedule field? If not, what might cause this?

thx,

Mel

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Free/Busy Melissa Outlook - Calandaring 2 March 21st 08 06:57 PM
free/busy Troy Outlook - Calandaring 2 January 12th 07 02:50 PM
Free/Busy Snookie1950 Outlook - Calandaring 1 December 28th 06 07:40 PM
Exported contact to vCard turns free busy URL to question marks Ron Stagg Outlook - Using Contacts 4 June 14th 06 09:41 PM
how to change busy/free time default from busy to free in calenda Dr. D Outlook - Calandaring 0 January 26th 06 04:30 AM