outlook 2007 categories

Old February 8th 07, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Matt

Default outlook 2007 categories

Hi

under outlook 2003 it was possible to have a label for a recurring meeting
but you were able to change the label for an individual occurance of this
meeting by opening that occurance and assigning a new label.

Under 2007 labels are replaced with categories and when you assign a
category to a recurring meeting it then will only allow you to change the
category for the series and not an individual occurance of the meeting.

Anyone know a way around this or am I missing something?

thanks Matt
Old February 8th 07, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

You're not missing anything. That's how it works in 2007.

Depending on what you achieve by changing the label on one instance, there
could be some workarounds for you.

First one I can think of is to change the subject (add a bit to it) and then
if you use Find, it will show up.

--
I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of
complaining.
Jef Raskin, interviewed in Doctor Dobb's Journal

Old February 9th 07, 08:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Matt

We actually use it to track equipment being returned.

A lecturer books a bit of kit, laptop/projector for 12 weeks on a monday,
immediately coloured green, when the kit is collected that instance of the
"meeting" is coloured red and then coloured blue when its returned. Can't do
this anymore unfortunately.

Still useful for normal meetings though as we have weekly managment meets
where I might change an individual occurance to "attendance not complusory"
or similar

oh well.... Seems like a change for changes sake