Can you limit the number of people who accept a meeting?

Old September 22nd 06, 10:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

Default Can you limit the number of people who accept a meeting?

I'm in the process of scheduling training sessions for a new technology
setup in one of our conference rooms. Unfortunately, I can only
accomodate 5 or 6 people at a time.

I'd like to send out an invitation to the meeting to everyone in the
office (about 70 people) but only have outlook accept the first 5 or 6
people who accept the meeting. Is such a thing possible?

I'd basically like to send out a large number of invitations, but only
accept a small number of attendees.

Any thoughts?

Old September 22nd 06, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

NOt that I know of.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, asked:

Old September 23rd 06, 07:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

many of my clients use voting buttons if they are scheduling multiple
sessions of the same course. Tell people it's a case of first in best
dressed and put all available session times/dates on voting buttons. You
could have them write their second choice.

Judy
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
wrote in message
NOt that I know of.

Old September 23rd 06, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

No, Outlook can't do this. I'd set up a web site for people to register for
the slot they want and limit each time period to 6 - sharepoint would work
great for this.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

oups.com...

Old September 26th 06, 07:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Judy, is this on a mail message or the appointment item? I don't see the option for Voting on Appointment items.

So, you are saying that you send the separate available dates as voting options, have the recipients select one and reply. Then you schedule the meeting based on their choices? Do you have a sorting option to gather all the same selections together and then create the appointment automatically? Just curious as this idea had not occurred to me.

Seems like a lot of work for the organizer but, if it works, okay by me.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) asked:

Old September 28th 06, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

It works a treat without any add-ins or other platforms/technologies etc.
Sure beats the poor old HR person having to manually read each email reply
and then tabulate the data as to who and how many are coming to each
session.

It's just using the usual email Options setting Milly - not a Calendar
function. And no, it doesn't talk to the Calendar in any way.

Judy

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote in message
No, Outlook can't do this. I'd set up a web site for people to register
for the slot they want and limit each time period to 6 - sharepoint would
work great for this.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

oups.com...