Outlook and employee scheduled work hours

Old September 20th 06, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CoachKA

Default Outlook and employee scheduled work hours

Outlook should capture the employee's start time and stop time (daily work
schedule) with the employee profile information so that others can have the
information available when scheduling meetings. This would also be helpful
for importing and exporting resource information to Microsoft Project.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....calendari ng
Old September 20th 06, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

CoachKA wrote:

Outlook should capture the employee's start time and stop time (daily
work schedule) with the employee profile information so that others
can have the information available when scheduling meetings.

Available where? Why does the free/busy inforrmation nor sufficient? What
type of server?
--
Brian Tillman

Old September 20th 06, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CoachKA

The free/busy information is ok, but when scheduling a meeting the work
schedule of the individuals is not highlighted. Therefore, people tend to
schedule meetings after the time a person is available/in the office. This
causes problems when people are not co-located.

As to server, we are running the latest version of Exchange on Windows 2003.

Old September 21st 06, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

CoachKA wrote:

The free/busy information is ok, but when scheduling a meeting the
work schedule of the individuals is not highlighted. Therefore,
people tend to schedule meetings after the time a person is
available/in the office. This causes problems when people are not
co-located.

If the person is disciplined in marking the times when s/he is out of the
office, would it not work? There is no way I know (although that doesn't
mean there's no way) for Outlook to show you the working days of multiple
mailboxes.
--
Brian Tillman

Old September 21st 06, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CoachKA

I agree that there is currently no way to support this in Exchange/Outlook.
I also agree that a work around is to have people list a calendar event that
shows they are out-of-the-office or when they leave the office each day.
This particular suggestion is not new. Suggestions like this were made back
in Schedule+ days. I had been thinking about this after a recent upgrade to
Outlook 2003 and thought I would post the suggestion. I thought this was a
forum for suggestions.

Old September 21st 06, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

CoachKA wrote:

I agree that there is currently no way to support this in
Exchange/Outlook. I also agree that a work around is to have people
list a calendar event that shows they are out-of-the-office or when
they leave the office each day. This particular suggestion is not
new. Suggestions like this were made back in Schedule+ days. I had
been thinking about this after a recent upgrade to Outlook 2003 and
thought I would post the suggestion. I thought this was a forum for
suggestions.

Yes, it is, and I never said you shouldn't propose the suggestion, since it
was your suggestion that started the thread. I was merely suggesting some
work-arounds in the mean time while you don't hold your breath waiting for
Microsoft to provide it.
--
Brian Tillman