Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   Change font color by category (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/24518-change-font-color-category.html)

zSplash August 20th 06 10:40 PM

Change font color by category

I'm a novice to Outlook / Outlook programming. But, what I need to do is
make the font of the individual appointments ("events") be different colors,
based on what category I've assigned. (I've defined about 8 categories).

What I'm trying to accomplish is get a monthly calendar that (on view/print)
has distinctive colors per category (of the 8 categories -- not all provided
categories).

Can I manage this?

Thanks so much, in advance!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] August 21st 06 02:15 PM

Change font color by category

The font color for a day/week/month view can't be changed. You can, however, change the background color to one of the color labels by setting up automatic formatting on the view to apply a label per category.

In other words, this isn't a programming issue, at least not based on what you've told us so far.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

zSplash August 21st 06 06:31 PM

Change font color by category

Defining the background color label per category works nicely. Thanks so
much for your help, Sue.

st.