Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   Meeting requests are not showing up in inbox for review. (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/23163-meeting-requests-not-showing-up.html)

spotmesil August 7th 06 10:18 PM

Meeting requests are not showing up in inbox for review.

Meeting requests stop showing up in the inbox so they can't be responded to
immediately. They are appearing on the calendar as tentative and from there,
I can respond.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Nikki August 8th 06 03:55 AM

Meeting requests are not showing up in inbox for review.

Do you have any rules processing (moving) your mail to another folder?
(Tools menu, Rules and Alerts)
Check for any delegates that you may have set up.
(Tools menu, Options, Delegates tab)
Check your view.
(View menu)

Nikki Peterson

brandon699 February 4th 11 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spotmesil (Post 74063)
Meeting requests stop showing up in the inbox so they can't be responded to
immediately. They are appearing on the calendar as tentative and from there,
I can respond.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

[SOLVED]

I recently had a client with this same issue. She was no receiving Meeting Requests in her Outlook inbox and they were going directly to her calendar waiting for response.

After working with the problem, and searching through forums, I came out with nothing. I ran a test, and sent a test meeting request to my client. I searched for the test meeting request in the inbox but still nothing.

The solution i came to for her problem was that her inbox items were grouping by type into different classes of messages. Out-of-office reply's, meeting requests, and email messages each went to a separate inbox, within the inbox.

This occurs because the emails are grouped by icon. To see the columns to sort your messages by, your going to want to make your inbox window wide enough so that they appear(about 1/2 of the width of the screen).

SEE ATTACHMENT for help.

Right-click the sorting column when it appears and go to arrange by - then unselect "show in Groups". Now all your messages are in the same inbox. Now just sort by "Received" by clicking on the and you will have all your messages in chronological order. You can then reselect "show in groups" if you wish for your messages to display in groups by date.

This will reveal the "hidden" Meeting request messages.

Cheers,

Brandon