Setting automatic formatting and rules for a public calendar

Old June 29th 06, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
fourmv

Default Setting automatic formatting and rules for a public calendar

I am trying to set automatic formatting (color rules) for a public calendar.
when I open that calendar to set auto format rules, Outlook applies these to
my personal calendar and not to the public folder calendar. Is there a way
for me to set separate format rules on the public calendar?
Old June 29th 06, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Are you the folder owner of the public calendar?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old June 29th 06, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
fourmv

Sue - Actually I found out more information on this. The calendar I am the
owner of is set up as a Resource. I set a profile for it, then went into
that calendar to create the organizing rules. They work fine when I am
logged in under that profile. When I and other users open that calendar as a
view alongside our own calendars, the color rules are no longer applied to
the view that we see. The only way I get to see the colors is to be logged
in as the owner of the calendar.

Is there any way for other users to view the calendar and see events colored
as I intend them to be?

Old June 29th 06, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

So, this is not a calendar in the Public Folders hierarchy, but a Calendar folder in a mailbox set up as a resource?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old July 5th 06, 09:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
fourmv

Sorry, I have been out of the office.

Yes, this is a calendar folder that is set up as a resource. When I set up
the formatting rules and view the calendar as the owner, then I see the color
rules applied...but when others view the calendar, the events all show as
normal (white) color.

Old July 5th 06, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Did you create a new named custom view with the scope "on this folder visible to everyone" that includes your automatic formatting rules? If not, then other users won't be able to see the same settings you're seeing.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old July 6th 06, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
fourmv

Yes, i did that this morning, but the coloring is not visible unless you are
logged on as the calendar owner. I found someone here that appears to have
this working, but they are using a public folder instead of as a Resource. I
am going to get a public folder created and try it out in that mode too!

Old July 26th 10, 11:14 PM
Gus Goncalves Gus Goncalves is offline
Junior Member

How did you set it up? I need to know so that I can set it up for a Public Folder Calendar here at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourmv View Post

"fourmv" wrote in message ...
Sorry, I have been out of the office.

Yes, this is a calendar folder that is set up as a resource. When I set up
the formatting rules and view the calendar as the owner, then I see the color
rules applied...but when others view the calendar, the events all show as
normal (white) color.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

So, this is not a calendar in the Public Folders hierarchy, but a Calendar folder in a mailbox set up as a resource?