View owner of public calendars

Old May 31st 06, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
RM

Default View owner of public calendars

I would like to be able to easily see who the owner is of an appointment in a
public calendar.
Old June 1st 06, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

RM wrote:

I would like to be able to easily see who the owner is of an
appointment in a public calendar.

Change your view to a table view like Events or By Category. Right-click
the header bar and pick Field Chooser. In the drop-down at the top, select
All Appointment Fields. Slide down until you see Organizer, click it, and
drag it to the bar.
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 1st 06, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
RM

Thank you for the reply. I am aware that I can do this however I want to see
it in a monthly calendar view. If not able to see in the calendar view, then
I want to be able to double click the appointment and see the owner on the
appointment screen form. The other problem with your suggestion is that
there is no way to see ALL appointments in the table view - unless there's a
way that is not obvious to me. In the table view, is there a way to see ALL
appointments? If so that 'might' work.

Old June 1st 06, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

RM wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I am aware that I can do this however I
want to see it in a monthly calendar view. If not able to see in the
calendar view, then I want to be able to double click the appointment
and see the owner on the appointment screen form. The other problem
with your suggestion is that there is no way to see ALL appointments
in the table view - unless there's a way that is not obvious to me.
In the table view, is there a way to see ALL appointments? If so
that 'might' work.

By Category will certainly show all appointments.

Only a table view will show the Organizer. The Day/Week/Month view won't.
If you open a calendar entry and click the Scheduling tab, I believe the
organizer will be the top entry (I looked at a few meetings and this seems
to be the case). If there's a Tracking tab, the organizer will appear
there.
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 1st 06, 04:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
RM

I don't believe that there is a tracking tab on any appointments. Those are
only in emails - I've tried.
There's a very manual way for me to do this - perhaps you could suggest a
global way. This is a public calendar - view, current view, customize,
automatic formatting. I could apply a color for each user (there are under
eight users) - then go into labels and change the description of each color
for each user. That will only work on my outlook - I would have to manually
set this up for each user. Not a major project - but can't I make the label
colors and the automatic formatting global for that one calendar? Hmmm.

Old June 1st 06, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
RM

I don't believe that I've ever seen a tracking tab on any appointments.
Those are usually only in emails - I've tried. And the scheduling tab shows
'your name' only. I tested that as well.

There's a very manual way for me to do this - perhaps you could suggest a
global way. This is a public calendar - view, current view, customize,
automatic formatting. I could apply a color for each user (there are under
eight users) - then go into labels and change the description of each color
for each user. That will only work on my outlook - I would have to manually
set this up for each user. Not a major project - but can't I make the label
colors and the automatic formatting global for that one calendar? Hmmm.
(using Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003, w2k TERMINAL server)

Old June 1st 06, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

RM wrote:

I don't believe that I've ever seen a tracking tab on any
appointments. Those are usually only in emails - I've tried. And the
scheduling tab shows 'your name' only. I tested that as well.

Apparently on public calendars this is true for many (but not all) entries
and I haven't found the difference between the when the original poster
shows and when the person viewing shows.. The ony way I know top see it,
then, is with the Organizer field in a table view.
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 2nd 06, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
RM

I is my understanding that I can create or modify the 'form' that outlook
uses to display the calendar and the appointment data entry screen - the
instructions refer to an office add-in and are not that easy to follow - have
you tried this? Is there a more streamlined process?