not getting appointment popup reminders

Old April 25th 06, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
David Grana

Default not getting appointment popup reminders

A user isn't getting popup reminders for scheduled appointments in Outlook
2003. His Calendar options have default reminders turned on for 15 minutes.
--
David Grana

Old April 25th 06, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Bummer - we presume you have a question about this?

Does the user have the appointments in the default calendar or one the user
created?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

Old April 25th 06, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
David Grana

his default calendar doesn't popup reminders for appts he's made
--
David Grana

Old April 25th 06, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
David Grana

he wants to find out how to turn on popup reminders for his appts
--
David Grana

Old April 25th 06, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Did it ever work for this user? Have you checked the user's configuration
against a mailbox where it does work? Does a new mail profile solve the
problem?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, David Grana asked:

Old May 10th 06, 04:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
vavud

It seems to me like no one has an answer for this problem.
I have read a few people complaining about this in this NG yet the reponses
seem to be like almost non belief of the writer.
It really does happen!!!!! If someone should no the answer they should be
put up on a pedestal.
It happens in Outlook XP version and also in 2003.
I have 2 computers in our network that have this problem and have tried
everything I read about to fix the problem.
There is no explanation as to why this happens.

Old May 12th 06, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

I just ran into this problem today - Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003 std -
user has been getting reminders forever until this week. Now nothing -
reminders window (when I force it to appear) says no reminders.

I fixed it by re-creating the users' OST (they used cached exchange
mode) on the PC. I guess it was an issue with the .ost file itself...

Paul

Old May 12th 06, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

Old May 23rd 06, 03:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
vavud

Thanks Paul. I will try and hope that your fix works for me as well.

oups.com...

Old January 25th 07, 06:28 AM
Will E. Stylzz Will E. Stylzz is offline
Junior Member

Location: Naples, Italy
Send a message via AIM to Will E. Stylzz
Cool

I had a similar problem. Have you tried using any of the switches in outlook?

run outlook using the following three switches:

/cleanreminders - Clears and regenerates reminders

/cleanfreebusy - Clears and regenerates free/busy information. This switch can only be used when you are able to connect to your Microsoft Exchange server.

/resetfolders - Restores missing folders for the default delivery location.

to run the switches you can either start run or use the cmd line interface. I believe you can run them all at once, but I ran them one at a time. Close outlook prior to running each one of them.

outlook.exe /cleanreminders
outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy
outlook.exe /resetfolders

Let me know if this does not work.

-- Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavud
Thanks Paul. I will try and hope that your fix works for me as well.

oups.com...

wrote in message
||| A user isn't getting popup reminders for scheduled appointments in
||| Outlook 2003. His Calendar options have default reminders turned
||| on for 15 minutes. --
||| David Grana

Help with Popup Blocker Dave Outlook - General Queries 1 March 18th 06 07:28 PM
always a password popup HonestMath Outlook - General Queries 2 February 24th 06 07:49 PM
Outlook Popup Sam Outlook - General Queries 0 February 1st 06 05:37 PM
Outlook Popup Sam Add-ins for Outlook 0 February 1st 06 05:37 PM
Appointment Reminders Only Work in Exchange Cached Mode [email protected] Outlook - Calandaring 0 January 26th 06 07:21 PM