Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   Advice on Scheduling for Boss (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/105822-advice-scheduling-boss.html)

IXL September 6th 12 03:46 PM

Advice on Scheduling for Boss

I just started work for an extremely busy boss - he works 12 to 13 hours a day and has a dozen appts per day. There are also lots of moving parts - meetings to be canceled, re-arranged, etc.

The previous scheduler did not use the Scheduling Assistant feature of Calendar. Instead, the scheduler would send out an email (not a meeting request) and people would email back availability. Then this would be manually typed into the meeting notes.

The reason for not using a meeting request is that the boss, whose schedule I keep, does not want the inevitable "Out of Office" or "Can't Attend" to come to his inbox. In other words, the invites are sent from his schedule, which I keep, and the responses come to his inbox - which I don't have access to - and not to mine.

Is there a way to work around this? Any advice appreciated.