Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   Changing Default Calendar Name (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/100267-changing-default-calendar-name.html)

Mark February 19th 10 11:21 AM

Changing Default Calendar Name

Not sure how I did this. While Setting Outlook up to work with Mobileme my
default calander name changed from "Calendar" to "Work", something I thought
could not happen. Have been trying to change it back but can not figure out
how I managed to do it in the first place.

Can anybody help me change it back to the correct name, or if not if I
leavel the name change as is will it have any adverse effects going forward.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] February 19th 10 01:11 PM

"Mark" wrote in message

Not sure how I did this. While Setting Outlook up to work with Mobileme my
default calander name changed from "Calendar" to "Work", something I thought
could not happen. Have been trying to change it back but can not figure out
how I managed to do it in the first place.

Can anybody help me change it back to the correct name, or if not if I
leavel the name change as is will it have any adverse effects going forward.

Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfoldernames command switch.
StartRun (or Start Search)outlook.exe /resetfoldernames
Be sure to include the space after ".exe".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Diane Poremsky [MVP] February 21st 10 03:45 AM

Changing Default Calendar Name

This is a common problem with the iphones - see Apple's iPhone forum for
Mail, Calendar and Contact issues at
http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1144 for the causes.

If you can open a new appointment form while viewing the inbox and it saves
to the correct calendar, the name change is not a problem.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?