Third-party VSTO 2005 SE plug-in for Outlook 2007: what should I signwith a publisher certificate?

Old July 21st 09, 05:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ojas

Default Third-party VSTO 2005 SE plug-in for Outlook 2007: what should I signwith a publisher certificate?

First, I am not using any ClickOnce technology that I am aware of

For a third-party VSTO 2005 SE plug-in for Outlook, what should I sign
with a publisher's certificate versus an internally generated test
certificate? Which of the following do I sign with the publisher
certificate?

1) the plugin application manifest generated by VS 2008
2) the plug-in's installer .msi file that I've created with an
InstallShield like product
3) the plug-in's installer setup.exe file that I've created with an
InstallShield like product
4) plug-in's main assembly .dll file
5) anything else?
Old July 21st 09, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

1: No, manifest files can't be signed.
2, 3, 4: Yes.
5: any dependent assemblies or libraries you've created that will be loaded
by your main assembly.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old July 22nd 09, 02:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ojas

On Jul 21, 6:39*am, "Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]"
wrote:
1: No, manifest files can't be signed.

For a VSTO 2005 SE plug-in for Outlook 2007, is there anyway to set
the "Publisher:" value when from Outlook 2007 the user does

Tools = Trust Center = Add-Ins

and then clicks on my add-in name?

Right now that field is still None even though my add-in is signed.

Old July 22nd 09, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Is the addin signed with a real code signing certificate that traces back to
a certificate authority that's recognized on that computer, or is it
self-generated certificate?

The certificate may need to be installed in the certificates cache, or be
added as a trusted publisher.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]