How to make add-in

Old September 11th 07, 08:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
KAKA

Default How to make add-in

I had write the script in outlook VBA as a module.
1. I want it run in timing, bu I don't know the way.

2. Now I want to make it as a set up or Dll to deploy it to domain users.

So could you please show me a way?
Thanks.
Old September 11th 07, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

You can't deploy a VBA module as a COM addin. You will need to re-write your
code in a language such as managed or unmanaged VB, C#, Delphi, C++ or some
other language. Take a look at the information on COM addins at
www.outlookcode.com.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old September 12th 07, 02:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
KAKA

Take this code for example:
----
Sub getDay()
dtmThisDay = Day(Date)
dtmThisMonth = Month(Date)
dtmThisYear = Year(Date)
strCheckDate = dtmThisMonth & "-" & dtmThisDay & "-" & dtmThisYear
If Weekday(strCheckDate) = 4 Then
MsgBox strCheckDate
End If
End Sub

----

Could you do me a favor to introduce the process to create the add-in for me?
Thanks very much. I am a beginner here.
My mail address is
Thanks.

Old September 12th 07, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

There's no way to explain everything you must do and set up for a COM addin,
and the details differ depending on what language you use in a newsgroup
post. You cannot use VBA. Look at the link I provided on COM addins at
www.outlookcode.com and pick an example based on your language of choice.
There are also sample COM addins you can download and study and books that
cover COM addins.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"KAKA" wrote in message
Take this code for example:
----

Old September 12th 07, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
KAKA

Haha! Thanks for your reply.
Is is possible that the add-in could be a background process when outlook
starts and just run once a week ?

Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"KAKA" wrote in message
Take this code for example:
----

Old September 12th 07, 08:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

COM addins run in-process with Outlook and either start every time Outlook
starts or start on demand when the user starts them. If you want something
run every once in a while on a scheduler just compile a standalone EXE and
call it from a scheduler or run it manually.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]