Old October 11th 06, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Default " Proxy Autheticate" popup Outlook 2003/Win XP in AD domain

he's storing a pst on a network drive? hope he has backups...

is he using a proxy server to connect to the domain? did he install
something that is causing it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Diane" wrote in message
ups.com...
Have a user with a laptop/docking station who was out of town with the
laptop for an extended period (approx 12 days). After he got back, he
started getting prompted by Outlook for Proxy Authentication to open
his mailbox. If you cancel out of the Proxy screen, it still opens
fine. Been looking through everything on the web and we do not use the
RPC scenario to get email. Should I be looking at the computer account
or the user account to resolve this? He also no longer auto-connects
with his mapped drives (he gets an error in Outlook about it can't find
his PST file, but if you open/close the drive before opening Outlook,
it opens fine after the proxy popup). M$ says re-install windows and
office, lot of help there. Any ideas out there? If it helps, this
laptop user is a lawyer...

Diane