Old August 29th 06, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Default 'Display as' field to show only name, not email address

tjsmags wrote:

How come there are times that I have emailed people and their name
(in the TO header) shows only, without their email address showing?

It's there nonetheless and the recipient can display it if he or she wishes.

When I look in their contact file the DISPLAY AS field shows just
their name...that's why I thought that was what the field was
for...???

It is, but because that's all you see in the message display doesn't mean
that's all the field contains. If the name is underlined in the recipient
field, double-click it once.
--
Brian Tillman