Old August 29th 06, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Default 'Display as' field to show only name, not email address

tjsmags wrote:

When emailing school parents I do NOT want their email addresses to
show (so no one can see each other's email addresses), yet I don't
want to use Bcc (I want the parents to see who I sent the email to,
for example 'all school' or '2nd graders'). Can I accomplish this
using the 'display as' field?

No. No matter what you choose for the Display As, the mail address will be
a part of the recipient field and any recipient will be able to find the
address as long as it's not a Bcc.

I will also be using distribution lists to email the parents (i.e. 2nd
graders, 5th graders, etc), so maybe somewhere in there there's a way
to accomplish this?

Nope. Outlook (and any mail client that has DLs) will expand the DL when
the send occurs.
--
Brian Tillman