Old January 10th 06, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Default How to clear table ?

find and delete the *.NK2 file. It's at C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. you can also just
select wrong ones using the arrow key and Del when they show up.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"rhodes2010" wrote in message
How can a person clear out the suggested names for completing table ?
I am plagued by autocomplete names that are incorrect or not desired
and would like to clear out the whole table and start over.
Robert
--
Thanks

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

jpickles wrote:

I know there is a way to automatically retain email addresses for
people you comunicate with - without setting up a manual contact -
this also allows you to just type the first letter of the person you
wish to send an email to and you get a drop down box of anyone you
have ever communicated with and you would just click on that email
address.

You're describing autocompletion, available in Outlook 2002 and 2003 and
controlled by the "Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields"
option on ToolsOptionsE-mail OptionsAdvanced E-mail Options". It is
not
intended to be a replacement for your Contacts folders. It will hold at
most 1,000 entries and on occasion can be damaged so that it becomes
inoperative. I would not rely on it as a substitute for the Contacts
folder.
--
Brian Tillman