Old July 27th 06, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Default Keeping a declined appointment

JimH (FM) wrote:

Why would one want to decline without removing the appointment? To
keep a record of the invitation, or to remind one that one should
follow up. Perhaps the calendar is in flux and one may have to accept
a meeting previously declined, etc.

I find that many people (including me) seldom decline an appointment,
because of the side-effect of removing it. Instead, they reply with
"tentative", mentioning in the text that they will not be attending.
I then change the "show time as" value from "tentative" to "free" to
help me remember that I did that.

Why not save it to a separate calendar folder, then? You can display it
side-by-side with your normal calendar, but it won't impact your free/busy
info and it won't notify you, but you'll be able to see it.
--
Brian Tillman