Old July 22nd 06, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Default TO address underlined

That's normal. And not a real problem.

Since a blank is not valid in an e-mail address, if you see just the
under line within the address, that's a underscore.

For example, my e-mail address is:

That's an underscore after "michael". If somehow it had been mistyped
with a space instead it would appear as
michael

which wouldn't work.

As for your e-mails getting rejected, there is something else going on.

--

Mike -
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm

"daveC" wrote in message
oups.com...
When I typed the address in the TO field, every character was
underlined. If I wanted to send a mail to an address that has an
underscore, the email always got rejected. How can I stop Outlook
Express from underlining the addresses that I typed in so that I can
see the 'real' underscore of the address?