Old July 17th 06, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.fax
Bill

Default outlook client cannot open Tif files

"bill" wrote:

I just migrated a small network from 2000 server std. to sbs2003. many of the
workstations were still running office xp. due to issues in the past we
elected to un-install outlook xp before loading outlook 2003. on one of the
workstations I am having the following problem: if the user clicks on the
fax.tif file in the preview pane, the document imaging software starts, then
displays that the file in c:\documents and settings\%username%\local
settings\temporary internet files\OLK89\fax.tif cannot be opened, check the
permissions.... , they also get a message that appears in the background that
says that the system cannot find the file specified. I have attempted to "
repair" outlook using the utility under help. also attempted to run setup
from the client apps folder. checked for office updates, installed several.
I turned on logging, I can post the data if needed. I did try to clear the
temp files and now under the temp internet folder there are no files, yet the
same error with the same path persists.