Old January 21st 06, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DRLJC

Default Cant connect to Smtp or pop server

Follow up info. Attemted to use another standalone program, ie Agent
newsgroup reader. Get the following error.
Error reported by winsock driver. Host server not found error 11001.
I uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless connection. Again, explorer works
fine. Now Im REALLY confused....thanks
"DRLJC" wrote:

Vince,
Dont know how to ping test with Outlook, I use Road Runner as my ISP and I
can access my mail via explorer then road runner homepage, so my assumption
is that its an Outlook problem.....your thoughts? Thanks again

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Can you PING the POP or SMTP server while connected wirelessly?

"DRLJC" wrote in message
Hello all. Read the previous posts regarding this issue. Similar but
different here. Have a laptop that has been working fine for some time.
This
has happened before and I had to reformat and reinstall. I get the
following
message when attempting to get/send mail. Task pop-server receiving
reported
error(0x80040900) The server name you entered cannot be found on the
network..... Trouble is, this is on an office network. The laptop is
using a
wireless card, while the other computers are hardwired. The wireless is
the
only one not working correctly right now. If I hardwire the laptop, it
works.
The wireless connection works as I can use explorer to get to the
internet.
Any suggestions? Thanks for your knowledge and assistance
Doc