Old January 21st 06, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DRLJC

Default Cant connect to Smtp or pop server

Vince,
Dont know how to ping test with Outlook, I use Road Runner as my ISP and I
can access my mail via explorer then road runner homepage, so my assumption
is that its an Outlook problem.....your thoughts? Thanks again

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Can you PING the POP or SMTP server while connected wirelessly?

"DRLJC" wrote in message
Hello all. Read the previous posts regarding this issue. Similar but
different here. Have a laptop that has been working fine for some time.
This
has happened before and I had to reformat and reinstall. I get the
following
message when attempting to get/send mail. Task pop-server receiving
reported
error(0x80040900) The server name you entered cannot be found on the
network..... Trouble is, this is on an office network. The laptop is
using a
wireless card, while the other computers are hardwired. The wireless is
the
only one not working correctly right now. If I hardwire the laptop, it
works.
The wireless connection works as I can use explorer to get to the
internet.
Any suggestions? Thanks for your knowledge and assistance
Doc