Old May 26th 06, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Default Outlook 2007 Beta 2 - BIG problems

Why not try what I suggested first?
I don't know of anyone who has been willing to sacrifice a production
version of Outlook by installing a beta over it. Accordingly, that scenario
has not been tested.
The first step to take whenever an in place "upgrade" has been performed is
to create a new Outlook profile from scratch.
Reversion to a previous version is also an untested scenario. Common sense
would suggest uninstalling Office 2007, Office 2003, then trying to
reinstall Office 2003. Hopefully, a reformat will not be required.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sandy Miller com" miller(dot)sandy(at)gmaildot wrote in message
OK I'm prepared to swallow the fact that the emails I received in Outlook
2007 Beta 2 are screwed beyond repair. I accept I am stupid for expecting
MS
Outlook 2007 Beta 2 to enable me to, you know, read my emails, and, maybe
even reply to them.

I accept that it appears MS Outlook 2007 Beta 2 was not designed to do
that.

So if I uninstall it, do I get my Office 2003 back and the facility to
read
my email? Or have I made a big boo boo?

Did you do that? Did it work with just an uninstall?

--
MS Professional

"papaours" wrote:

Glad to see I'm not the only one, for mor info, I reverterd to Outlook
2003
and the mails that have been renderd empty are now totaly empy, even in
OWA.

my config was Outlook 2007 beta 2 french running on a brand new XP pro
workstation SP2 + all the updates with 1024 K of RAM , connected on an
exchange 2003 SP2 server running on Windows 2K3 domain server + last
service
pack aund all updates.

please help

"Sandy Miller" wrote:

Have a look at the previous post just below this thread.

--
MS Professional

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Provide complete details on how you installed the beta and migrated
data and
account settings.
Always create a new profile when you try an upgrade installation.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sandy Miller com" miller(dot)sandy(at)gmaildot wrote in message
news Errr. OK, I realise this is a Beta. I understand it is a Beta 2.

I know things dont always work as they should and that I should not
'rely'
on Beta software of any kind.

However, I 'think' I am safe in assuming that Outlook 2007 Beta 2
should
be
able to receive my email and actually SHOW me the content....

I am concerned, I installed it, it runs (sort of OK), it appears to
do
what
it says it should, BUT, EVERY EMAIL I HAVE RECEIVED IN Outlook 2007
Beta 2
since I installed it IS BROKEN. I CANNOT SEE ANY CONTENT IN ANY
EMAIL
RECEIVED.

They come into my inbox, but if you look at the space below you
will see
how
Outlook renders them....

So I am worried - surely a BETA2 would actually show me the
email!!! I
cannot imagine MS sending this out to folks.....

How do I view my emails?

--
MS Professional