Old February 24th 06, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Microsoft

Default Exchange Mailbox server prohibit from sending when reach mailbox size limit

Hi all,

I am not sure if everyone has had the same problem I faced. My company
exchange mailbox will prohibit user from sending email when mailbox size
reach a certain size limit. However, in some occasion user will be "able"
to send out the mail only to receive a bounce note later telling that the
mail will not be delivered until the mailbox size is reduced.

Question:
Sorry, this may sound a bit ridiculous (because anyhow the user still won't
be able to send mail. I am not particularly annoyed by this but there is a
user complaining on this and requested explanation, gosh, please help me to
answer him):
Why sometime I receive a pop-up saying I can't send mail but sometime the
pop-up doesn't show but instead, a bounce note would be received to tell me
that the mail is not sent because the mailbox is oversized? According to
the user, the 2 incidents happened on two different machine. I remember I
did face the same incident sometime ago on my own desktop but I am not able
to repeat the "bounce-note" incident, I tried to oversize my mailbox but I
will receive a pop-up right away.

Please help.

Thanks,
Ryan