Old May 6th 06, 02:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sudharson AN

Default Outlook 2000 - Can't Delete Messages

Is it possible to select these emails and move them to a different folder?
Can you create a new folder unedr your local PST and try moving these
messages to that folder? If you can acheive this, then you should be able to
get rid of these messages by deleting the new folder.

--
Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards

Sudharson AN
"Reactor" bruce.gettel-at-myactv.net wrote in message
Hi,

I will start by saying that I am a horrible email manager, and have over
11,353 messages in my inbox. I know, I know.

I have OL 2K installed, and it's up to SP3. Any message from 4/6/06 or
earlier cannot be deleted from the system. I get the old "The messaging
interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persits, restart
Outlook."

If you were to send me an email right now, I would be able to delete it
without a problem.

I restarted Outlook a billion times. No diff.

I rebooted the computer. No diff.

I ran scanpst.exe at least 5 times. No diff.

I made sure my deleted items folder is empty. I emptied my sent items
completely, and dumped them from deleted items. No diff.

I tried to archive older items, intending to create archives for each
calendar quarter. On the first attempt, I got a message saying an error
occurred during the archiving process. I still get that no matter what I
try to archive.

My inbox thinks that there are 8,082 unread items, which is incorrect. I
know this because as I deleted unread items that arrived after 4/6, the
number never changed.

Any suggestions? This is maddening . . . . and I do have messages that I
want to keep, so blowing away the PST and starting all over is something
I'd like to avoid.

Thanks in advance.