Old May 3rd 06, 02:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Default Receive multi-copies of incoming emails?

wendystation wrote:

Explain please... "As long as you run your AV program's on-access or
real-time scanner, there's no need to scan incoming mail."

I've never heard of an anti-virus program delivering 4 emails?

If you scan incoming mail, your AV program wedges itself between Outlook and
your mail server. This can affect the communications path between the
Outlook and the server, not allowing Outlook to know when the send/receive
cycle completes. If it can't tell that, it can obtain multiple copies.

Turning off my emails AV program sounds rather like running naked
through poison ivy.

And I told you how that's just not true. I didn't say to disable the AV
program entirely, just the mail scanner.

My email accounts are all POP accounts, on separate servers.

Are they all in the same send/receive group?
--
Brian Tillman