Old May 2nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Default Receive multi-copies of incoming emails?

wendystation wrote:

First... scanning incoming mail? Absolutely! How is it okay to
cease doing this, and avoid incoming problems?

As long as you run your AV program's on-access or real-time scanner, there's
no need to scan incoming mail. If you were to get an infected message and
you were loopy enough to run the attachment from the message, your on-access
scanner would still alert you and provent the inection.

Second, send receive was 5 minutes, I've now adjusted it to 10.

That's the most often recommended minimum.

I have six email accounts defined.

Are all of these accounts hosted my the same server? Might any of them be
aliases of another (i.e., you use the same ISP credentials in the account
properties to connect to the POP server)? I'm assuming they're POP
accounts, but if not, what types of accounts are they?
--
Brian Tillman